This page explains the different avenues through which you can earn (make money) on Facebook:
- Live Ads
- In-Stream Ads
- Branded Content
When you are doing live videos and your audiences send you stars, Facebook pays you 1 cent per star you receive. Your live video audiences send you stars to support you and also to make their comment to stand out.
If you are in the business of performance, demonstrations, coaching, mentoring or training, you can build a community around your brand with live videos and earn from stars.
Note that earning from Stars on Facebook works on live videos only and does not work on videos you create, edit and post on your page.
You will express your interest in Facebook bonus through the interest form and if you are eligible, you will be invited. On Instagram, you will see a pop up notification and invite in your professional dashboard.
In-Stream Ads for On-Demand Videos
These are the video adverts that Facebook show to people when they are watching the videos you upload (not live videos) to your Facebook page. The video ads may display at the beginning, middle or ending of your own video.
- Minimum of 5,000 followers
- Minimum of 60,000 natural views of your page videos (i.e. boosted views, cross-posted views and paid views are not counted) in the last 60 days
- Minimum of 5 videos, whether live or on demand, published on your page
In-Stream Ads for Live Videos
When sharing live videos, you can also allow Facebook to show your audience either video ads or image ads. Facebook will display ads that are relevant to your audience depending on where they are watching the video from.
- Minimum of 10,000 followers
- Minimum of 600,000 natural views of your page videos (i.e. boosted views, cross-posted views and paid views are not counted) in the last 60 days
- Out of the 600,000 views in “2” above, 60,000 must actually be views of your live videos
- Minimum of 5 videos out of which 3 must be live videos should be on your page.
This is when you make money by getting your fans to subscribe for some premium content and privileges on your Facebook page. These could include:
- Videos, posts, photos, surveys or personal updates
- Exclusive live videos that engages the fans on close range
- On invitation only (when your page qualifies)
This is the Facebook system that allows you to sell physical products on your own ecommerce store, Facebook shop and Instagram shop. With Facebook Pixel, you can integrate them all and run effective adverts that send traffic of buyers to your store.
Analytics generated through your pixels helps you know what is working and what is not.
A strong online presence, i.e. you already have a Facebook / Instagram page with established followers / audience.
This is when brands already trust you as a creator and pay you to mention them in your posts, and advertise those posts.
A strong online presence, i.e. you already has a Facebook / Instagram page with established followers / audience.
These are short immersive videos that you publish to engage your audience on Facebook and Instagram. On Reels, you can earn money with bonuses, stars, overlay ads and post loops. Overlay ads are those ads that are placed directly on top of your Reels while post loop ads show up after your Reels have played twice, before it plays the third time.
Reels are short videos between 3 and 90 seconds on Facebook and less that 15 minutes on Instagram when you upload them via your Android or iOS app.